- Karbonn to launch Android + Windows Dual OS Smartphone
- HTC Nexus Tablet – Next Nexus Coming in 2014
- Samsung Galaxy S5 to be unveiled in MWC 2014?
- Red Nexus 5 – Google Gift for Valentine Day
- HP going to launch a 5.5 inches phablet next week, price tag: $200
- CES 2014 – Latest News, Updates and Full Report
- Samsung sold 40 million tablets in 2013, targets 100 million in 2014
- Official Specs of Nexus 10 2013 Tablet as seen on Play Store
- Nexus 5 Launch Date Leaked – 1 November (Black & White Models)
- List of Smartphones and Tablets Getting Android 4.4 Update Soon
ASUS Transformer TF700: Root, CWM Recovery and Jelly Bean
Finally, the custom ROM Android 4.1.2 firmware has been released for ASUS Transformer TF700. ASUS users who updated there devices to the official update of 4.1.2 can now gain root access to their devices as we will be discussing about it in our tutorial. We will also be mentioning the steps to install ClockworkMod in your devices. ClockworkMod recovery is an excellent recovery tool for any rooted android device which can backup your custom ROM as well as data and can be a life saver at times. We will also be installing ClockworkMod super user in this tutorial.
Super user is an of the best apps of cwm. It gives access prompt, logging and notifications. It has an in-built notification configuration for each app. It allows temporary unrooting as well. It works well in recovery mode and when a device doesn’t boot properly. It works perfectly fine with other shell locations and has deep process detection. It allows ADB connections and the best feature of it is that it works anonymously in back ground.
- A backup of the device data should be made.
- The device should not be rooted previously since we will be installing cwm recovery.
- USB drivers of ASUS Transformer TF700 should be installed properly in the computer.
- ADB should be installed in the computer
Root ASUS Transformer TF700 and install CWM
- Download the image file and connect the device to the computer using USB. Move the .img file into the “fastboot” folder in the computer
- Start the command prompt and type the following codes
fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot -i 0x0B05 reboot<
- If you have installed the terminal emulator in your ASUS Transformer then move the zip file into your device and type:
dd if=/path/to/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4
- This will flash the recovery mode into your device. The next step is to install the Super user. You can install it directly from Google PLAY store or through any other outer source.
- Restart the device after the above step.
That’s it! Your ASUS Transformer TF700 has been rooted and cwm has been successfully installed in your system. Do drop in your comments if you face any difficulties in following any of the mentioned steps.