- Intex Aqua Star, Star HD, Star Power launched in India
- Xiaomi’s Diwali Gift – Xiaomi Mi 3
- New update of iOS 8 has lot of bugs, do not update!
- Linux Bash Bug: A Bigger Threat Than Heartbleed
- Asphalt Overdrive Launched Today – Gameloft On High Gear
- Galaxy A3, A5, A7 Specs Leaked Online
- Karbonn Titanium S5 Ultra – Low Cost Smartphone in 6,999 INR
- China Gets The new GN715 Smartphone For 1699 Yuan
- Images of Moto S and Droid Turbo Leaked
- Sale of Moto X (2nd GEN) Started at Flipkart
ASUS Transformer TF700: Root, CWM Recovery and Jelly Bean
Finally, the custom ROM Android 4.1.2 firmware has been released for ASUS Transformer TF700. ASUS users who updated there devices to the official update of 4.1.2 can now gain root access to their devices as we will be discussing about it in our tutorial. We will also be mentioning the steps to install ClockworkMod in your devices. ClockworkMod recovery is an excellent recovery tool for any rooted android device which can backup your custom ROM as well as data and can be a life saver at times. We will also be installing ClockworkMod super user in this tutorial.
Super user is an of the best apps of cwm. It gives access prompt, logging and notifications. It has an in-built notification configuration for each app. It allows temporary unrooting as well. It works well in recovery mode and when a device doesn’t boot properly. It works perfectly fine with other shell locations and has deep process detection. It allows ADB connections and the best feature of it is that it works anonymously in back ground.
- A backup of the device data should be made.
- The device should not be rooted previously since we will be installing cwm recovery.
- USB drivers of ASUS Transformer TF700 should be installed properly in the computer.
- ADB should be installed in the computer
Root ASUS Transformer TF700 and install CWM
- Download the image file and connect the device to the computer using USB. Move the .img file into the “fastboot” folder in the computer
- Start the command prompt and type the following codes
fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot -i 0x0B05 reboot<
- If you have installed the terminal emulator in your ASUS Transformer then move the zip file into your device and type:
dd if=/path/to/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4
- This will flash the recovery mode into your device. The next step is to install the Super user. You can install it directly from Google PLAY store or through any other outer source.
- Restart the device after the above step.
That’s it! Your ASUS Transformer TF700 has been rooted and cwm has been successfully installed in your system. Do drop in your comments if you face any difficulties in following any of the mentioned steps.
Latest posts by Shoumik Goswami (see all)
- Saving Samsung Galaxy S4 battery life in 5 ways - June 25, 2013
- 5 Best and Must Have Accessories for Samsung Galaxy S4 - June 23, 2013
- 10 ways how Samsung Galaxy S4 can beat iPhone 5 - June 19, 2013