- Samsung to work on denser batteries and thinner camera
- Moto Maker now available in China
- OnePlus to announce something interesting on June 1
- Android M will focus on optimizing RAM and better power management
- Galaxy S6 Edge Iron Man Themed Smartphone Launched (Limited Edition)
- Android M – Dev preview may be released
- Sony Lavender Images Leaked – Bezel Less Display
- Macadamia Nut Cookie may be the internal codename for Android M
- Facebook Video Call Feature Rolling Out
- BlackBerry Leap – Available in Singapore from May 23rd
Asus Nexus 7 – Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean XenonHD Custom ROM Update
A new ROM has come up for the Nexus 7 based on the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. This ROM named as XenonHD has a number of new features which we will describing in this article. But just to make sure, if you want to install this custom Rom in your tablet then get it rooted because this ROM is an unofficial custom ROM. Let us check out some of the new features this ROM has to offer.
Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean XenonHD Custom ROM has Busybox, DSPManager, Apollo Music Player and SuperSU apps pre-installed. Lots of modifications have been made in the UI. The power menu offers the options of Reboot and Screenshot. New wallpapers have also been added like Galaxy4, PhaseBean and Holo spiral. Also, many bugs have been fixed and the Google location service has been fixed. There are a lot more interesting features which you will discover with use.
Pre-requisites to installing the ROM:
- Backup all the important data from your Nexus 7 into your PC.
- USB debugging mode should be enabled.
- Your tablet should be rooted and ClockworkMod recovery should be installed.
- Make sure your tablet is fully charged before your attempt to install.
- Rooting voids warranty.
Procedure to Install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean XenonHD Custom ROM Update on Asus Nexus 7 –
- Get the firmware packages from the links provided above but make sure you do not extract them after downloading.
- Connect the tablet to the PC and transfer the packages to the SD card.
- Disconnect the device and reboot it into recovery mode. To enter the ClockworkMod recovery, switch on the tablet by holding the volume up and down button while powering on the device. You will enter the Bootloader menu where you have to choose the Recovery menu.
- Inside the recovery, first empty the contents of your tablet. To do so, choose the “Clear cache partition” and “Wipe data/Factory reset” options.
- Now select the “Install zip from SD cardàChoose zip from SD card” and choose the firmware package to install.
- Once the installation is complete, follow the same procedure and install the Google apps package.
- When you are done, go back and reboot your device.
Congrats!! You have successfully installed the XenonHD custom ROM in your Nexus 7. Have fun using this new ROM and if you face any problems during the installation, we will be there to solve your queries so just comment below.
Latest posts by Shoumik Goswami (see all)
- Saving Samsung Galaxy S4 battery life in 5 ways - June 25, 2013
- 5 Best and Must Have Accessories for Samsung Galaxy S4 - June 23, 2013
- 10 ways how Samsung Galaxy S4 can beat iPhone 5 - June 19, 2013