- Apple to allegedly launch an iPhone 7 Plus variant with a dual-rear camera setup
- OnePlus 2 16GB variant launched in India for Rs 22,999
- Swipe Virtue offers a 5-inch display and 16GB of memory, yours for Rs 5,999
- HTC One M10 will reportedly arrive in Snapdragon and MediaTek processor-powered editions
- Xiaomi starts rolling out the Android Marshmallow update for the Mi 4
- ASUS ZenFone Zoom launched in India for Rs 37,999
- HP Chromebook 11 G4 Education Edition launched with rugged design for $199
- The Lava P7 sports a 5-inch display and selfie flash, yours for Rs 5,499
- ASUS Pegasus 5000 with 5.5-inch display and 4,850mAh battery goes official in China
- Samsung Gear S2 and Gear VR launched in India for Rs 24,300 and Rs 8,200 respectively
Asus Nexus 7 – Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean XenonHD Custom ROM Update
A new ROM has come up for the Nexus 7 based on the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. This ROM named as XenonHD has a number of new features which we will describing in this article. But just to make sure, if you want to install this custom Rom in your tablet then get it rooted because this ROM is an unofficial custom ROM. Let us check out some of the new features this ROM has to offer.
Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean XenonHD Custom ROM has Busybox, DSPManager, Apollo Music Player and SuperSU apps pre-installed. Lots of modifications have been made in the UI. The power menu offers the options of Reboot and Screenshot. New wallpapers have also been added like Galaxy4, PhaseBean and Holo spiral. Also, many bugs have been fixed and the Google location service has been fixed. There are a lot more interesting features which you will discover with use.
Pre-requisites to installing the ROM:
- Backup all the important data from your Nexus 7 into your PC.
- USB debugging mode should be enabled.
- Your tablet should be rooted and ClockworkMod recovery should be installed.
- Make sure your tablet is fully charged before your attempt to install.
- Rooting voids warranty.
Procedure to Install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean XenonHD Custom ROM Update on Asus Nexus 7 –
- Get the firmware packages from the links provided above but make sure you do not extract them after downloading.
- Connect the tablet to the PC and transfer the packages to the SD card.
- Disconnect the device and reboot it into recovery mode. To enter the ClockworkMod recovery, switch on the tablet by holding the volume up and down button while powering on the device. You will enter the Bootloader menu where you have to choose the Recovery menu.
- Inside the recovery, first empty the contents of your tablet. To do so, choose the “Clear cache partition” and “Wipe data/Factory reset” options.
- Now select the “Install zip from SD cardàChoose zip from SD card” and choose the firmware package to install.
- Once the installation is complete, follow the same procedure and install the Google apps package.
- When you are done, go back and reboot your device.
Congrats!! You have successfully installed the XenonHD custom ROM in your Nexus 7. Have fun using this new ROM and if you face any problems during the installation, we will be there to solve your queries so just comment below.